Welcome to the Sounds On Vinyl Show, brought to you by BoozeHound Entertainment.
New: Do you have a question or feedback for the show? Send Us A Voicemail!
-Studio 666 Movie Review
The trailer looked pretty stupid, but it turned out to be a fairly well-written, goofy horror movie that was well acted considering the cast was mostly musicians.
It wasn't particularly scary, and to the contrary had many jokes, especially in the beginning.
Of course, you gotta love a band that not only writes their own horror movie, but also creates a band, a metal band no less, and releases an album under that band name.
We all saw it coming, but Taylor Hawkins death scene was a bit surreal.
This brings me to the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert - in the movie Dave Grohl mentions that this record (one long 45 minute song) was "2112 x 2112", and at the concert, Geddy Lee & Alex Lifeson along with the Foo Fighters played part of 2112, which now having seen the movie makes it that much cooler.
Ace Freheley have previously said that he thinks Tommy Thayer current Kiss guitarist is lousy at his job. He doesn't have any real feel for playing he only copies me to a tee. Bruce on the other hand made the playing of the old songs his own with some diffrent note and so forth. That's more fealing than Tommy ever had. NOW! Bruce speaks about the matter; "I really think they made the right choice, knowing what they were trying to do, which was just trying to sell the characters and the make-up version of the band," Bruce said. " By going with Tommy
New SKID ROW vocalist Erik Grönwall spoke to The Rock N' Roll & Coffee Show about how he has been accepted by the band's fans since he joined the group earlier this year as the replacement for ZP Theart. He said: "There's so many different types of fans. I've realized that… 'Cause when we did the show in California, [some] people came up to me after the show, and they were, like, 'Sebastian [Bach], you've still got it.'
Saxon's new album Carpe Diem finds it way into the Swedish charts at number 15 and climing. Still thinks it's awesome that a band that was formed in 1977 and had they're hayday in the mid 80's still are a band to recon with. I saw the yetsterday at KB in Malmo and they put on a awesome show playing an hour and 45 min. Lead singer Biff is 71 years old, headbanging and singing his heart out. That's respect!
Alice Cooper "Live At The Astroturf" with original Alice Cooper group. Dennis Dunaway, Michael Bruce, Neal Smith. NEW pressing (old one sold out in record time RSD) Four diffrent colours Apricot, Curacao, Gold and Glow In The Dark
Links Mentioned In The Show
- [PHIL] OZZY OSBOURNE Releases First Part Of Documentary About Making Of 'Patient Number 9' Album - BLABBERMOUTH.NET - I haven't watched these, I think there's 3 or 4 parts out now.
- [PHIL] IRON MAIDEN Announces 'The Number Of The Beast' Triple Vinyl Release To Commemorate 40th Anniversary - BLABBERMOUTH.NET - Six sides of Iron Maiden Epicness. Its only $60, not bad for a triple vinyl release
- [PHIL] Teenage Engineering’s PO-80 Record Factory lets you cut your own vinyl - The Verge - It supports 5-inch records for cutting and supports four minutes or three minutes of recording time per side at 33 rpm and 45 rpm, respectively. You can also attach an included 7-inch record adapter to play back larger records, though you can’t cut them. $149
- Extended show notes @ SoundsOnVinyl.com
- Playlists: https://soundsonvinyl.com/playlists
- Videos: https://soundsonvinyl.com/video
- Episode Collections:https://soundsonvinyl.com/collections
- If you really dig what we’re doing and would like to support our show, please visit https://soundsonvinyl.com/donate to support the show.
Intro & Outro:
Thank you for listening! We love you! Keep Rockin’!
Some links may be affiliate links. We may get a small commission if you sign up or purchase using our link. This is just one way you can help support the show.